Friday, November 16, 2007

It's All About Relationships


I wound up being the middle of the base of a human pyramid last week. That's because my 5th grade Released Time Class came over Friday night to watch The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. Before we settled into the movie we played soccer, monkey-in-the-middle, and -- most anticipated of all -- Human Pyramid.


These kids never cease to amaze me. Such energy. So easy to distract. So impulsive. So much potential.


These children are teaching me. I can't sit around a lecture about the Incarnation of Jesus. I must MODEL Jesus in my incarnational ministry. Instead of abstractly lecturing about God-In-Flesh in need to live by the Spirit and get busy being a "little Christ" -- a Christian -- to these dear kids.


I guess my mentors were right. It really is all about relationships. Even if you do get squished.