Friday, September 19, 2008

Get On Your Marks...

The Lord has enabled me to travel to the National Peacemaker's Conference. It is also something he has CALLED me to do (so far as I can discern). As today's news indicates, the need compassionate, competent Peacemakers is enormous.



So I'm busily preparing to head south to Orlando on Tuesday, which entails a lot of details.


But above all, I'm preparing my heart to HEAR God's Word. I need to be renewed in my mind about the importance and ministry of peacemaking. I need to see progress in peacemaking in my marriage. I need to learn to teach peacemaking to my 5-year-old and my 3-year-old, who are often ensnared by conflict with each other. I need to impart a vision for peacemaking to those I am responsible to shepherd.


Those who read here, I would ask you to pray. This trip is expensive. It will separate me from my family and my church family. But you only get out of such an experience what you get into it. Keep track here next week. I'm going to work hard to blog regularly, and hopefully upload photos of the trip. You can also follow much of the Conference on the Peacemaker Route 5:9 Blog.


Tuesday night I'll be crashing (sleeping that is) on the floor of Newark International Airport ahead of a 5 a.m. flight. I'm supposed to be in Orlando by 9:30 a.m. Pray that I make all the connections. Pray that my ears are open to discern the will of the Holy Spirit.
"First take the plank out of your eye, then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:5